COVID-19 and Stress
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a major effect on our lives. Faced with new realities of working from home, temporary unemployment, home-schooling of children, and lack of physical contact with other family members, friends and colleagues, it is important that we look after our mental, as well as our physical, health.
There are many healthy ways to cope with stress and some of them are mentioned below.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including those on social media.
- Take care of your body.
- Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate.
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
- Exercise regularly.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Avoid excessive alcohol, tobacco, and substance use.
- Get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine when available.
- Make time to unwind.
- Try connecting with others online, through social media, or by phone or mail.